Our unique analysis of the bills Case sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Case is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Case was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2619 (108th): Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge Expansion Act of 2004
- H.R. 2030 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 120 Baldwin Avenue in Paia, Maui, Hawaii, as the “Patsy Takemoto Mink Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Case sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (20%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Law (13%) Environmental Protection (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Health (10%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Families (9%)
Some of Case’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6202 (109th): Ka’u Coast Preservation Act
- H.R. 5222 (109th): Native American Languages Amendments Act of 2006
- H.R. 4529 (109th): Kalaupapa Memorial Act of 2005
- H.R. 3536 (109th): To amend the Federal Crop Insurance Act to expand the Agricultural Management ...
- H.R. 3538 (109th): South Maui Coastal Preservation Act of 2005
- H.R. 3537 (109th): Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park Expansion Act of 2005
- H.R. 3535 (109th): To amend the Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946 to require country of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2006, Case missed 148 of 2,435 roll call votes, which is 6.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: