Case is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Case has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 15, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ed Case sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Case was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2619 (108th): Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge Expansion Act of 2004
- H.R. 2030 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 120 Baldwin Avenue in Paia, Maui, Hawaii, as the “Patsy Takemoto Mink Post Office Building”.
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Case sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Case’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 621: Expressing support for the designation of the month of October 2019, as Filipino ...
- H.R. 4547: Safe and Quiet Skies Act of 2019
- H.R. 4232: Protecting Local Authority and Neighborhoods Act
- H.R. 3384: Coral Reef Sustainability Through Innovation Act of 2019
- H.R. 2908: Filipino Veterans Family Reunification Act of 2019
- H.R. 2544: To amend title 31, United States Code, to clarify that, during a lapse ...
- H.R. 2406: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps Amendments Act of 2019
From Jan 2003 to Oct 2019, Case missed 148 of 2,995 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: