Ed Case sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Case was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2619 (108th): Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge Expansion Act of 2004
- H.R. 2030 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 120 Baldwin Avenue in Paia, Maui, Hawaii, as the “Patsy Takemoto Mink Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Case sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (20%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Law (13%) Environmental Protection (11%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Health (10%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Agriculture and Food (9%)
Some of Case’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6202 (109th): Ka’u Coast Preservation Act
- H.R. 5222 (109th): Native American Languages Amendments Act of 2006
- H.R. 4529 (109th): Kalaupapa Memorial Act of 2005
- H.R. 3535 (109th): To amend the Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946 to require country of ...
- H.R. 3537 (109th): Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park Expansion Act of 2005
- H.R. 3539 (109th): North Maui Coastal Preservation Act of 2005
- H.R. 3538 (109th): South Maui Coastal Preservation Act of 2005
|Case’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1585: Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2019
Apr 4, 2019. Passed 263/158.
H.R. 790: Federal Civilian Workforce Pay Raise Fairness Act of 2019
Jan 30, 2019. Passed 259/161.
From Jan 2003 to Apr 2019, Case missed 148 of 2,602 roll call votes, which is 5.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: