Read our 2019 Report Card for Perlmutter.
Perlmutter is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Perlmutter has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 1, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ed Perlmutter sits on the following committees:
Perlmutter was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3150: Helicopter Fuel System Safety Act
- H.R. 1408 (114th): Mortgage Servicing Asset Capital Requirements Act of 2015
- H.R. 233 (114th): Tenant Income Verification Relief Act of 2015
- H.R. 5062 (113th): Examination and Supervisory Privilege Parity Act of 2014
- H.R. 4240 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10799 West Alameda Avenue in Lakewood, Colorado, as the “Felix Sparks Post Office Building”.
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Perlmutter sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (26%) Health (17%) Transportation and Public Works (17%) Private Legislation (13%) Commerce (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Government Operations and Politics (9%)
Some of Perlmutter’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6592: Coronavirus Relief for States Act
- H.R. 6468: Coronavirus Assistance for States Act
- H.R. 6452: Railroad Rehabilitation and Improvement Financing Equity Act
- H.R. 6361: Relief for Small Businesses and Nonprofits Act
- H.R. 6009: Nuclear Workers’ Ombudsman Extension Act
- H.R. 5818: Truth in Buffalo Labeling Act
- H.Res. 739: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2534) to amend the Securities Exchange ...
From Jan 2007 to May 2020, Perlmutter missed 370 of 9,692 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: