Read our 2015 Report Card for Whitfield.
Our unique analysis of the bills Whitfield sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Whitfield is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Whitfield was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1132 (109th): National All Schedules Prescription Electronic Reporting Act of 2005
- H.R. 624 (105th): Armored Car Reciprocity Amendments of 1998
- H.R. 2869 (104th): To extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project in the State of Kentucky.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Whitfield sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Whitfield’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 72 (114th): Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States ...
- H.J.Res. 71 (114th): Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States ...
- H.R. 2042 (114th): Ratepayer Protection Act of 2015
- H.R. 1725 (114th): National All Schedules Prescription Electronic Reporting Reauthorization Act of 2015
- H.R. 1726 (114th): Access to Quality Diabetes Education Act of 2015
- H.R. 1727 (114th): Medicare Safe Needle Disposal Coverage Act of 2015
- H.R. 1456 (114th): Biennial Budgeting and Appropriations Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Whitfield’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 3, 2014. Passed 378/46.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3521 (112th): Expedited Legislative Line-Item Veto and Rescissions Act of 2012
Feb 8, 2012. Passed 254/173.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
From Jan 1995 to Jul 2016, Whitfield missed 534 of 14,694 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jul 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: