Read our 2015 Report Card for Whitfield.
Our unique analysis of the bills Whitfield sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Whitfield is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Whitfield was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4250 (113th): Sunscreen Innovation Act
- H.R. 1132 (109th): National All Schedules Prescription Electronic Reporting Act of 2005
- H.R. 624 (105th): Armored Car Reciprocity Amendments of 1998
- H.R. 4234 (105th): To require the Secretary of Energy to submit to Congress a plan to ensure that all amounts accrued on the books of the United States Enrichment Corporation ...
- H.R. 2624 (105th): Disapproval bill
- H.R. 2869 (104th): To extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project in the State of Kentucky.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Whitfield sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Whitfield’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 72 (114th): Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States ...
- H.J.Res. 71 (114th): Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States ...
- H.R. 2042 (114th): Ratepayer Protection Act of 2015
- H.R. 1725 (114th): National All Schedules Prescription Electronic Reporting Reauthorization Act of 2015
- H.R. 1726 (114th): Access to Quality Diabetes Education Act of 2015
- H.R. 1727 (114th): Medicare Safe Needle Disposal Coverage Act of 2015
- H.R. 1456 (114th): Biennial Budgeting and Appropriations Act of 2015
|Whitfield’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 3, 2014. Passed 378/46.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 4192 (113th): To amend the Act entitled “An Act to regulate the height of buildings in the District of ...
Apr 28, 2014. Passed 367/16.
H.R. 4152 (113th): Support for the Sovereignty, Integrity, Democracy, and Economic Stability of Ukraine Act of 2014
Apr 1, 2014. Passed 378/34.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 3521 (112th): Expedited Legislative Line-Item Veto and Rescissions Act of 2012
Feb 8, 2012. Passed 254/173.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
From Jan 1995 to Jul 2016, Whitfield missed 534 of 14,694 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jul 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: