Read our 2017 Report Card for Johnson.
Johnson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Johnson has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Eddie Johnson sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Johnson was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 919 (111th): Veterans’ Medical Personnel Recruitment and Retention Act of 2009
- H.R. 4561 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 8624 Ferguson Road in Dallas, Texas, as the “Francisco `Pancho’ Medrano Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1740 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1502 East Kiest Boulevard in Dallas, Texas, as the “Dr. Caesar A.W. Clark, Sr. Post ...
- H.R. 2223 (103rd): To designate the Federal building located at 525 Griffin Street in Dallas, Texas, as the “A. Maceo Smith Federal Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Johnson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Science, Technology, Communications (31%) Health (28%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) International Affairs (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (5%) Environmental Protection (5%)
Some of Johnson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6200: Transportation Workforce Modernization Act
- H.Res. 889: Recognizing the commencement of Ramadan, the Muslim holy month of fasting and spiritual ...
- H.Res. 802: Supporting the goals and ideals of World Water Day.
- H.Res. 527: Expressing support for designation of the week of September 18, 2017, through September ...
- H.R. 3681: ARPA-E Reauthorization Act of 2017
- H.Con.Res. 64: Expressing the sense of Congress regarding the United States Capitol Police and their ...
- H.Res. 371: Recognizing the commencement of Ramadan, the Muslim holy month of fasting and spiritual ...
|Johnson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.Res. 305: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 1314) to amend the Internal Revenue Code ...
Jun 11, 2015. Passed 217/212.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 1731: National Cybersecurity Protection Advancement Act of 2015
Apr 23, 2015. Passed 355/63.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
From Jan 1993 to Jul 2018, Johnson missed 865 of 17,035 roll call votes, which is 5.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: