Read our 2016 Report Card for Johnson.
Our unique analysis of the bills Johnson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Johnson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Eddie Johnson sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Johnson was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 919 (111th): Veterans’ Medical Personnel Recruitment and Retention Act of 2009
- H.R. 4561 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 8624 Ferguson Road in Dallas, Texas, as the “Francisco `Pancho’ Medrano Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1740 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1502 East Kiest Boulevard in Dallas, Texas, as the “Dr. Caesar A.W. Clark, Sr. Post ...
- H.R. 2223 (103rd): To designate the Federal building located at 525 Griffin Street in Dallas, Texas, as the “A. Maceo Smith Federal Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Johnson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Science, Technology, Communications (31%) Health (29%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) International Affairs (7%) Transportation and Public Works (7%) Environmental Protection (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (5%) Education (5%)
Some of Johnson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 173: Expressing the sense of Congress regarding reconsideration of the merits of awarding the ...
- H.R. 6371: To authorize the President to award the Medal of Honor posthumously to Doris ...
- H.Con.Res. 168: Expressing the sense of Congress regarding the United States Capitol Police and their ...
- H.R. 6147: Apollo I Memorial Act
- H.R. 6085: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the national limitation ...
- H.R. 5979: Energy and Water Research Integration Act of 2016
- H.Res. 856: Expressing support for designation of the week of September 12, 2016, through September ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Johnson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
From Jan 1993 to Jan 2017, Johnson missed 785 of 16,019 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 271 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: