Our unique analysis of the bills Beard sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1980. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Beard is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Beard’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8402 (96th): A bill to amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 to authorize ...
- H.Con.Res. 400 (96th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress with respect to the ...
- H.R. 7653 (96th): A bill to provide for the issuance of a commemorative postage stamp ...
- H.R. 7582 (96th): A bill for the relief of William J. Games.
- H.R. 7446 (96th): A bill to amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 6896 (96th): A bill to amend the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 ...
- H.R. 6840 (96th): Asbestos Control Act of 1980
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1980, Beard missed 373 of 4,089 roll call votes, which is 9.1%. This is on par with the median of 8.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills