Our unique analysis of the bills Brooke sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1978. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brooke is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Brooke sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (19%) Housing and Community Development (16%) Social Welfare (15%) Taxation (13%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Energy (11%) International Affairs (9%) Private Legislation (6%)
Some of Brooke’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3462 (95th): A bill to provide for the maintenance of reserves by member banks ...
- S. 3461 (95th): A bill to extend the authority for the flexible regulation of interest ...
- S. 3423 (95th): Disaster Relief Amendments
- S. 3394 (95th): Anti-Inflation Tax Reduction and Reform Act
- S. 3325 (95th): Veterans Geriatric and Gerontological Health Services Act
- S.Con.Res. 93 (95th): A concurrent resolution to set forth the views of the Congress on ...
- S. 3252 (95th): Residual Radioactive Materials Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1967 to Oct 1978, Brooke missed 770 of 5,822 roll call votes, which is 13.2%. This is on par with the median of 12.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills