Read our 2016 Report Card for Royce.
Our unique analysis of the bills Royce has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Royce is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Edward “Ed” Royce sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Foreign Affairs
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance
Royce was the primary sponsor of 15 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 6297: Iran Sanctions Extension Act
- H.R. 2494: Eliminate, Neutralize, and Disrupt Wildlife Trafficking Act of 2016
- H.R. 757: North Korea Sanctions and Policy Enhancement Act of 2016
- H.R. 2297: Hizballah International Financing Prevention Act of 2015
- H.R. 2847: Electrify Africa Act of 2015
- H.R. 5816 (113th): To extend the authorization for the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom.
- H.R. 3468 (113th): Credit Union Share Insurance Fund Parity Act
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Royce sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Royce’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 389: To amend the Federal Credit Union Act to exclude a loan secured by ...
- H.Res. 11: Objecting to United Nations Security Council Resolution 2334 as an obstacle to Israeli-Palestinian ...
- H.Res. 951: Denouncing the wrongful and unjust seizure and confiscation of private property of Iranians ...
- H.R. 6487: Taxpayer Protections and Market Access for Mortgage Finance Act of 2016
- H.R. 6297: Iran Sanctions Extension Act
- H.R. 6196: Repeatedly Flooded Communities Preparation Act
- H.Con.Res. 165: Expressing the sense of Congress and reaffirming longstanding United States policy in support ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Royce’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 1993 to Jan 2017, Royce missed 345 of 16,019 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: