Rep. Edward “Larry” Winn Jr.
Former Representative from Kansas's 3rd District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Kansas's 3rd District
See Also: Bioguide
Winn was a far-right Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Winn’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Winn’s bills had a total of 155 cosponsors in the 98th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Winn to other members of the House of Representatives in the 98th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Winn’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6407 (98th): Valve Engineering Council Act of 1984
- H.Con.Res. 307 (98th): A concurrent resolution in commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the unanimous ...
- H.Con.Res. 300 (98th): A concurrent resolution in commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the unanimous ...
- H.R. 4678 (98th): A bill to preclude changes in the Federal regional office structure except ...
- H.Res. 245 (98th): A resolution establishing a select committee to conduct an investigation and inquiry ...
- H.R. 2553 (98th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to increase ...
- H.Con.Res. 39 (98th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress with respect to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1967 to Oct 1984, Winn missed 804 of 8,362 roll call votes, which is 9.6%. This is worse than the median of 6.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1984. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills