Our unique analysis of the bills Young sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Young is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Young sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Young’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 16584 (93rd): A bill to increase the target price of the 1974 and 1975 ...
- H.R. 16044 (93rd): A bill to provide for emergency increases in the support level for ...
- H.R. 14794 (93rd): A bill to amend section 37 of the Internal Revenue Code of ...
- H.R. 12692 (93rd): A bill to repeal the Social Security Amendments of 1972 relating to ...
- H.R. 12623 (93rd): A bill to repeal the Daylight Savings Act of 1973.
- H.R. 12034 (93rd): A bill to prevent further increases in 1974 flue-curred tobacco marketing quotas.
- H.R. 11814 (93rd): A bill to provide tax incentives to encourage physicians, dentists, and optometrists ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Dec 1974, Young missed 149 of 1,078 roll call votes, which is 13.8%. This is worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills