Our unique analysis of the bills Zorinsky sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Zorinsky is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Zorinsky’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.J.Res. 65 (100th): A joint resolution to designate the week of April 5, 1987, through ...
- S.J.Res. 51 (100th): A joint resolution to designate the period commencing on July 27, 1987, ...
- S. 515 (100th): A bill to provide equitable treatment under the highly-erodible land conservation provisions ...
- S. 403 (100th): A bill to cost-sharing rules of the Missouri National Recreation Area.
- S. 346 (100th): A bill to amend the Railroad Retirement Act of 1974 to allow ...
- S. 311 (100th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to preclude ...
- S.Res. 507 (99th): A resolution relating to the Small Business Administration’s “opinion molder” regulation.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Feb 1987, Zorinsky missed 101 of 4,603 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is better than the median of 5.3% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Feb 1987. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills