Read our 2016 Report Card for Norton.
Our unique analysis of the bills Norton has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Norton is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Eleanor Norton sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
- Member, Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
Norton was the primary sponsor of 35 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4419 (114th): District of Columbia Judicial Financial Transparency Act
- H.R. 3343 (113th): To amend the District of Columbia Home Rule Act to clarify the rules regarding the determination of the compensation of the Chief Financial Officer of the District ...
- H.R. 2611 (113th): To designate the headquarters building of the Coast Guard on the campus located at 2701 Martin Luther King, Jr., Avenue Southeast in the District of Columbia as ...
- H.R. 1246 (113th): District of Columbia Chief Financial Officer Vacancy Act
- H.R. 3902 (112th): District of Columbia Special Election Reform Act
- H.R. 2297 (112th): To promote the development of the Southwest waterfront in the District of Columbia, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 723 (112th): To deauthorize a portion of the project for navigation, Potomac River, Washington Channel, District of Columbia, under the jurisdiction of the Corps of Engineers.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Norton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Norton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2096: Missing Children’s Assistance Amendment Act of 2017
- H.R. 2095: Fair Pay Act of 2017
- H.R. 1765: District of Columbia Home Rule Clemency Act
- H.R. 1658: District of Columbia National Guard Home Rule Act
- H.R. 1523: District of Columbia Local Prosecutor Establishment Act of 2017
- H.R. 1479: District of Columbia Paperwork Reduction Act
- H.R. 1291: Washington, D.C. Admission Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: