Read our 2016 Report Card for Norton.
Our unique analysis of the bills Norton has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Norton is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Eleanor Norton sits on the following committees:
Norton was the primary sponsor of 35 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4419 (114th): District of Columbia Judicial Financial Transparency Act
- H.R. 3343 (113th): To amend the District of Columbia Home Rule Act to clarify the rules regarding the determination of the compensation of the Chief Financial Officer of the District ...
- H.R. 2611 (113th): To designate the headquarters building of the Coast Guard on the campus located at 2701 Martin Luther King, Jr., Avenue Southeast in the District of Columbia as ...
- H.R. 1246 (113th): District of Columbia Chief Financial Officer Vacancy Act
- H.R. 3902 (112th): District of Columbia Special Election Reform Act
- H.R. 2297 (112th): To promote the development of the Southwest waterfront in the District of Columbia, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 723 (112th): To deauthorize a portion of the project for navigation, Potomac River, Washington Channel, District of Columbia, under the jurisdiction of the Corps of Engineers.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Norton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Norton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1174: To provide a lactation room in public buildings.
- H.R. 1003: To authorize the establishment of a program of voluntary separation incentive payments for ...
- H.R. 6031 (114th): Flood Prevention Act of 2016
- H.R. 6030 (114th): Pay Equity for All Act of 2016
- H.Res. 864 (114th): Expressing support for the designation of September 2016 as “National Campus Sexual ...
- H.Res. 846 (114th): Calling on Congress to enact a new preclearance formula for the Voting ...
- H.R. 5938 (114th): To amend title 4, United States Code, to permit the flag of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: