Read our 2016 Report Card for Norton.
Our unique analysis of the bills Norton has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Norton is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Eleanor Norton sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
- Member, Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Norton was the primary sponsor of 37 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4419 (114th): District of Columbia Judicial Financial Transparency Act
- H.R. 3343 (113th): To amend the District of Columbia Home Rule Act to clarify the rules regarding the determination of the compensation of the Chief Financial Officer of the District ...
- H.R. 2611 (113th): To designate the headquarters building of the Coast Guard on the campus located at 2701 Martin Luther King, Jr., Avenue Southeast in the District of Columbia as ...
- H.R. 1246 (113th): District of Columbia Chief Financial Officer Vacancy Act
- H.R. 3902 (112th): District of Columbia Special Election Reform Act
- H.R. 2297 (112th): To promote the development of the Southwest waterfront in the District of Columbia, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 723 (112th): To deauthorize a portion of the project for navigation, Potomac River, Washington Channel, District of Columbia, under the jurisdiction of the Corps of Engineers.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Norton sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Norton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2540: To amend the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972 to allow the District ...
- H.R. 2467: To amend title 4, United States Code, to permit the flag of the ...
- H.R. 2418: Pay Equity for All Act of 2017
- H.Res. 322: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives supporting the Federal workforce.
- H.R. 2177: District of Columbia Federal Officials Residency Equality Act of 2017
- H.R. 2178: Low-Wage Federal Contractor Employee Back Pay Act of 2017
- H.R. 2096: Missing Children’s Assistance Amendment Act of 2017
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: