Read our 2016 Report Card for Stefanik.
Our unique analysis of the bills Stefanik has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Stefanik is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Elise Stefanik sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security Agency and Cybersecurity
Stefanik sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Stefanik’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3770: Community Health Investment, Modernization, and Excellence Act of 2017
- H.R. 3513: Canadian Snowbird Visa Act
- H.R. 2482: Federal Perkins Loan Program Extension Act of 2017
- H.R. 1910: Support Our Military Caregivers Act
- H.Con.Res. 45: Expressing the sense of Congress that those who served in the bays, harbors, ...
- H.R. 1796: Lift the Relocation Burden from Military Spouses Act
- H.Res. 195: Expressing the commitment of the House of Representatives to conservative environmental stewardship.
|Stefanik’s Vote||Vote Description|
S.J.Res. 34: A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission relating ...
Mar 28, 2017. Passed 215/205.
A Republican bill would block a regulation of President Obama’s that they see as executive overreach, but privacy advocates claim it could allow companies to sell your private Internet and search history. Who’s right? #### The context and what the bill does The Federal Trade ...
H.R. 5538: Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
Jul 14, 2016. Passed 231/196.
H.R. 4775: Ozone Standards Implementation Act of 2016
Jun 8, 2016. Passed 234/177.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2017, Stefanik missed 2 of 1,854 roll call votes, which is 0.1%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: