Slotkin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Slotkin has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 18, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Elissa Slotkin sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Innovation subcommittees
- Intelligence and Counterterrorism subcommittee Chair
House Committee on Armed Services
Cyber, Innovative Technologies, and Information Systems subcommittees
- Readiness subcommittee Vice Chair
House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs subcommittees
Slotkin was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3223: CISA Cyber Exercise Act
- H.R. 5954 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 108 West Maple Street in Holly, Michigan, as the “Holly Veterans Memorial Post Office”.
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Slotkin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Slotkin recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7756: Border Security and Migrant Safety Act of 2022
- H.R. 7757: Emergency Migration Response Act of 2022
- H.R. 7497: Make Medicine Affordable Act
- H.R. 7174: National Computer Forensics Institute Reauthorization Act of 2022
- H.R. 7068: Stop Russian GOLD Act of 2022
- H.R. 6874: American Energy for Europe Act
- H.R. 6826: CTPAT Pilot Program Act of 2022
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to May 2022, Slotkin missed 48 of 1,635 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: