Dole is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Dole sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Dole was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- S. 1663 (108th): A bill to replace certain Coastal Barrier Resources System maps.
- S. 709 (108th): Gold Medal to Tony Blair bill
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Dole sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (22%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Commerce (10%) Social Welfare (10%) Labor and Employment (9%) Education (8%) Taxation (8%)
Some of Dole’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3679 (110th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to expand ...
- S.Res. 695 (110th): A resolution commending the Honor Flight Network and its volunteers and donors ...
- S. 3591 (110th): Motor Fuel Supply and Distribution Improvement Act
- S.Res. 664 (110th): A resolution celebrating the centennial of Union Station in Washington, District of ...
- S. 3336 (110th): New Clean Energy Tax Extenders Act
- S. 3113 (110th): A bill to reinstate the Interim Management Strategy governing off-road vehicle use ...
- S.Res. 572 (110th): A resolution calling upon the Court of Appeal for the Second Appellate ...
|Dole’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1424 (110th): Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007
Oct 1, 2008. Bill Passed 74/25.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of economic stimulus relief during the 2008 financial crisis as well as other unrelated provisions. It was the Senate's October 2008 plan, and it became law. The bill contains sections for: * Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 ...
H.R. 2642 (110th): Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008
May 22, 2008. Motion Rejected 34/63.
H.R. 2419 (110th): Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008
Dec 14, 2007. Bill Passed 79/14.
The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110–234, H.R. 2419, 122 Stat. 923, enacted May 22, 2008, also known as the 2008 U.S. Farm Bill) was a $288 billion, five-year agricultural policy bill that was passed into law by the United States Congress ...
H.R. 1 (110th): Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007
Jul 26, 2007. Conference Report Agreed to 85/8.
The Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007 (Pub.L. 110–53), is an Act of Congress. The Act implements some of the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission including mandating 100% inspection of all air and sea cargo entering the United States, and a new ...
On the Nomination PN177: Gen. George W. Casey, Jr., in the Army, to be General
Feb 8, 2007. Nomination Confirmed 83/14.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2008, Dole missed 48 of 1,977 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: