Our unique analysis of the bills Dole sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Dole is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Dole sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (22%) Government Operations and Politics (19%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Social Welfare (10%) Commerce (10%) Labor and Employment (9%) Law (8%) Finance and Financial Sector (8%)
Some of Dole’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3679 (110th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to expand ...
- S.Res. 695 (110th): A resolution commending the Honor Flight Network and its volunteers and donors ...
- S. 3591 (110th): Motor Fuel Supply and Distribution Improvement Act
- S.Res. 664 (110th): A resolution celebrating the centennial of Union Station in Washington, District of ...
- S. 3336 (110th): New Clean Energy Tax Extenders Act
- S. 3113 (110th): A bill to reinstate the Interim Management Strategy governing off-road vehicle use ...
- S.Res. 572 (110th): A resolution calling upon the Court of Appeal for the Second Appellate ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2008, Dole missed 48 of 1,977 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: