Our unique analysis of the bills Esty has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Esty is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Esty for more statistics.
Elizabeth Esty sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- Member, Subcommittee on Research and Technology
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Esty sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Commerce (21%) Government Operations and Politics (21%) Education (14%) Taxation (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%)
Some of Esty’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 132: SCOTUS Resolution
- H.R. 5251: Healthy Homes Tax Credit Act
- H.R. 5096: TECH Careers Act
- H.R. 4742: Promoting Women in Entrepreneurship Act
- H.R. 4697: Prevent Drug Addiction Act of 2016
- H.R. 4463: Brownfields Reauthorization Act of 2016
- H.R. 4272: Support the Families of Fallen Heroes Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Esty missed 29 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 14 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: