Furse was the representative for Oregon’s 1st congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 1993 to 1998.
Furse is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Furse sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 1993 to Dec 17, 1998. See full analysis methodology.
Furse sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Economics and Public Finance (19%) Health (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%)
Some of Furse’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4834 (105th): Northwest Salmon Recovery Act of 1998
- H.R. 3378 (105th): Fort Clatsop National Memorial Expansion Act of 1998
- H.Res. 307 (105th): Relating to a question of the privileges of the House.
- H.R. 2597 (105th): Equity for Immigrants Act
- H.R. 2252 (105th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code to provide that capital gains not ...
- H.R. 1826 (105th): To increase deficit-reduction assessments for participants in the Federal price support program ...
- H.R. 1828 (105th): To limit the total number of political appointees allowable.
From Jan 1993 to Dec 1998, Furse missed 195 of 3,649 roll call votes, which is 5.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills