Our unique analysis of the bills Furse sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Furse is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Furse’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4834 (105th): Northwest Salmon Recovery Act of 1998
- H.R. 3378 (105th): Fort Clatsop National Memorial Expansion Act of 1998
- H.Res. 307 (105th): Relating to a question of the privileges of the House.
- H.R. 2597 (105th): Equity for Immigrants Act
- H.R. 2252 (105th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code to provide that capital gains not ...
- H.R. 1830 (105th): To provide for claim maintenance fees and royalties on hardrock mining claims, ...
- H.R. 1828 (105th): To limit the total number of political appointees allowable.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Dec 1998, Furse missed 195 of 3,649 roll call votes, which is 5.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills