Our unique analysis of the bills Cleaver has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cleaver is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Cleaver for more statistics.
Emanuel Cleaver II sits on the following committees:
Cleaver sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cleaver’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 696: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding jazz heritage in the ...
- H.R. 2301: To designate Union Station in Washington, DC, as the “Harry S. Truman Union ...
- H.R. 5888 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5865 (113th): CAM Act of 2014
- H.R. 5144 (113th): EASY Voting Act
- H.R. 4638 (113th): To designate Union Station in Washington, DC, as the “Harry S. Truman ...
- H.R. 4489 (113th): World War I Memorial Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Jul 2016, Cleaver missed 466 of 8,736 roll call votes, which is 5.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 95 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: