Read our 2018 Report Card for Crawford.
Crawford is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Crawford has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Eric “Rick” Crawford sits on the following committees:
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, and Counterproliferation
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Agriculture
Crawford was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2954 (114th): To designate the Federal building located at 617 Walnut Street in Helena, Arkansas, as the “Jacob Trieber Federal Building, United States Post Office, and United States Court ...
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Crawford sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (19%) Environmental Protection (15%) Taxation (12%) Animals (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) International Affairs (12%) Transportation and Public Works (8%)
Some of Crawford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4717: To improve swap execution facility administration, swap entity compliance, and other purposes.
- H.R. 4383: Cents for Sense Act of 2019
- H.R. 3740: AGRI Act of 2019
- H.R. 2980: Eagle Corps Act of 2019
- H.R. 2889: AWARE Act
- H.R. 1898: Cuba Agricultural Exports Act
- H.R. 1402: Scientific Flood Mapping Act
From Jan 2011 to Oct 2019, Crawford missed 241 of 5,915 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: