Crawford is the representative for Arkansas’s 1st congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 5, 2011. Crawford is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Crawford.
Crawford is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Crawford has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Feb 26, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Crawford was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1123 (116th): Divisional Realignment for the Eastern District of Arkansas Act of 2019
- H.R. 2954 (114th): To designate the Federal building located at 617 Walnut Street in Helena, Arkansas, as the “Jacob Trieber Federal Building, United States Post Office, and United States Court ...
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Crawford sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Agriculture and Food (17%) Immigration (17%) Taxation (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Transportation and Public Works (13%) Animals (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Environmental Protection (9%)
Some of Crawford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1291: To provide for loans to critical rural utility service providers to ensure continued ...
- H.R. 8482 (116th): American Food Workers Protection Act
- H.R. 8292 (116th): FUELS Act
- H.R. 8238 (116th): AIM Act
- H.R. 7904 (116th): Critical Infrastructure Employee Protection Act of 2020
- H.R. 7721 (116th): FLEX Act
- H.R. 7679 (116th): To amend the Commodity Credit Corporation Charter Act to index the borrowing ...
From Jan 2011 to Feb 2021, Crawford missed 279 of 6,348 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: