Our unique analysis of the bills Swalwell has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Swalwell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Swalwell for more statistics.
Eric Swalwell sits on the following committees:
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Central Intelligence Agency
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense Intelligence and Overhead Architecture
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Swalwell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Swalwell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5899: Strengthening Forgiveness for Public Servants Act
- H.R. 5898: Know Your Repayment Options Act
- H.R. 5201: Fairness in Forgiveness Act of 2016
- H.Res. 587: MOBILE Resolution
- H.R. 3990: Start-up America’s Students Act
- H.R. 3280: WIRED Act
- H.R. 2687: Securing Energy Critical Elements and American Jobs Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Swalwell missed 55 of 2,470 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 10 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: