Our unique analysis of the bills Paulsen has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Paulsen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Paulsen for more statistics.
Erik Paulsen sits on the following committees:
Paulsen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Paulsen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6274: Hospital Outcomes Act of 2016
- H.Res. 914: Expressing support for designation of September 2016 as “Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Month”.
- H.R. 6015: Primary Care Enhancement Act of 2016
- H.Res. 840: Expressing support for designation of the week of October 30 through November 5, ...
- H.R. 5719: Empowering Employees through Stock Ownership Act
- H.R. 5445: Health Care Security Act of 2016
- H.R. 5184: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to expand rules related to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Paulsen’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2016, Paulsen missed 56 of 5,790 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 13 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: