Istook was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Istook’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Istook’s bills had a total of 325 cosponsors in the 109th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Istook to other members of the House of Representatives in the 109th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Istook’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3497 (109th): Loser Pays Legal Fee Fairness Act
- H.R. 3403 (109th): To amend the National Labor Relations Act to provide for inflation adjustments ...
- H.J.Res. 58 (109th): Proposing a balanced budget amendment the Constitution of the United States.
- H.J.Res. 57 (109th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States protecting religious ...
- H.Res. 184 (109th): Recognizing a National Week of Hope in commemoration of the 10-year anniversary ...
- H.R. 5025 (108th): Transportation, Treasury, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2005
- H.R. 4892 (108th): To establish that marriage in the United States consists only of the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2006, Istook missed 611 of 8,294 roll call votes, which is 7.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: