Our unique analysis of the bills Istook sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Istook is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Istook’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3497 (109th): Loser Pays Legal Fee Fairness Act
- H.R. 3403 (109th): To amend the National Labor Relations Act to provide for inflation adjustments ...
- H.J.Res. 58 (109th): Proposing a balanced budget amendment the Constitution of the United States.
- H.J.Res. 57 (109th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States protecting religious ...
- H.Res. 184 (109th): Recognizing a National Week of Hope in commemoration of the 10-year anniversary ...
- H.R. 5025 (108th): Transportation, Treasury, and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2005
- H.R. 4892 (108th): To establish that marriage in the United States consists only of the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2006, Istook missed 611 of 8,294 roll call votes, which is 7.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: