Konnyu, a Republican, was the representative for California's 12th congressional district from 1987 to 1988.
Konnyu is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1988 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Konnyu sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Konnyu sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Konnyu’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3695 (100th): AIDS Reporting and Spousal Notification Act of 1987
- H.Con.Res. 178 (100th): A concurrent resolution to express the sense of the Congress concerning the ...
- H.R. 2175 (100th): A bill to suspend most-favored-nation trade privileges to Romania until that government ...
- H.R. 2103 (100th): Greater Avenues of Independence Act of 1987
- H.R. 1953 (100th): A bill to deny certain trade benefits to Romania unless that country ...
From Jan 1987 to Oct 1988, Konnyu missed 128 of 939 roll call votes, which is 13.6%. This is much worse than the median of 5.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1988. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills