Our unique analysis of the bills Atkinson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Atkinson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Atkinson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Atkinson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 422 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that the Government ...
- H.J.Res. 522 (97th): A joint resolution designating June 27, 1982, through July 5, 1982, as ...
- H.R. 6561 (97th): A bill to provide that the drug, PROven, may be used for ...
- H.R. 6583 (97th): A bill for the relief of Mohamed Tejpar and Nargis Tejpar.
- H.R. 6299 (97th): Unfair Foreign Competition Act of 1982
- H.R. 6212 (97th): Steel Recovery Act of 1982
- H.R. 5276 (97th): Multimodal Transportation Improvement Act of 1981
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Dec 1982, Atkinson missed 152 of 2,088 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is on par with the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills