Our unique analysis of the bills Chappie sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1986. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Chappie is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Chappie sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Chappie’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5605 (99th): Federal Crop Insurance Act of 1986
- H.J.Res. 397 (99th): A joint resolution to designate November 11, 1985, as George S. Patton ...
- H.R. 2960 (99th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary ...
- H.R. 2382 (99th): Beekeeper Protection Act of 1985
- H.R. 907 (99th): A bill for the relief of Peter D. Bakis.
- H.R. 869 (99th): A bill to rename a reservoir in the Central Valley project, California, ...
- H.R. 908 (99th): A bill for the relief of Manuel Valencia, Antonia Valencia, and America ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1986, Chappie missed 375 of 2,608 roll call votes, which is 14.4%. This is much worse than the median of 6.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills