Our unique analysis of the bills Bayh sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bayh is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bayh sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Health (15%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Commerce (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Law (10%) Taxation (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%)
Some of Bayh’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 4031 (111th): Rare Earths Supply-Chain Technology and Resources Transformation Act of 2010
- S. 3796 (111th): Community Health Improvement Councils Act of 2010
- S.Res. 560 (111th): A resolution recognizing the immeasurable contributions of fathers in the healthy development ...
- S. 3044 (111th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend ...
- S. 3036 (111th): National Alzheimer’s Project Act
- S. 3026 (111th): Fiscal Freeze Act of 2010
- S.Res. 410 (111th): A resolution supporting and recognizing the goals and ideals of “RV Centennial ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2010, Bayh missed 77 of 3,978 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: