Jenkins was the representative for West Virginia’s 3rd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2015 to 2018.
Read our 2017 Report Card for Jenkins.
Jenkins is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Jenkins sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Jenkins was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3663: To designate the medical center of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Huntington, West Virginia, as the Hershel “Woody” Williams VA Medical Center.
- H.J.Res. 11: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior known as the Stream Protection Rule.
- H.R. 4978 (114th): NAS Healthy Babies Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Jenkins sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jenkins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6004: CRIB Act
- H.R. 5562: Protecting NAS Babies Act
- H.R. 4090: Fentanyl and Heroin Task Force Act
- H.R. 3663: To designate the medical center of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Huntington, ...
- H.R. 3117: Transparency and Honesty in Energy Regulations Act of 2017
- H.R. 2501: CRIB Act
- H.R. 1976: Protecting the Second Amendment Act
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2018, Jenkins missed 110 of 2,450 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: