Read our 2016 Report Card for Jenkins.
Our unique analysis of the bills Jenkins has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Jenkins is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Evan Jenkins sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Vice Chair, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction, Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies
Jenkins was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.J.Res. 11: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior known as the Stream Protection Rule.
- H.R. 4978 (114th): NAS Healthy Babies Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Jenkins sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jenkins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3663: To designate the medical center of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Huntington, ...
- H.R. 3117: Transparency and Honesty in Energy Regulations Act of 2017
- H.R. 2501: CRIB Act
- H.R. 1976: Protecting the Second Amendment Act
- H.R. 1854: Prescription Drug Monitoring Act of 2017
- H.R. 663: Assisting America’s Dislocated Miners Act of 2017
- H.R. 405: CORE Act
|Jenkins’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Oct 2017, Jenkins missed 24 of 1,893 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: