Read our 2016 Report Card for Jenkins.
Our unique analysis of the bills Jenkins has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Jenkins is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Evan Jenkins sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Jenkins sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jenkins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 405: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide additional new markets ...
- H.Res. 26: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the provisions of the ...
- H.J.Res. 11: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior known as the ...
- H.J.Res. 107: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of the Interior known as the ...
- H.Con.Res. 182: Commemorating the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, ...
- H.R. 6403: CORE Act
- H.R. 5669: Creating Opportunities for America’s Laid-off (COAL) Miners Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Jenkins’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
From Jan 2015 to Jan 2017, Jenkins missed 18 of 1,384 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: