Our unique analysis of the bills Jenkins has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Jenkins is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Jenkins for more statistics.
Evan Jenkins sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Jenkins sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jenkins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 182: Commemorating the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, ...
- H.R. 6403: CORE Act
- H.R. 5669: Creating Opportunities for America’s Laid-off (COAL) Miners Act of 2016
- H.R. 5668: Transparency and Honesty in Energy Regulations Act of 2016
- H.R. 5155: Assisting America’s Dislocated Miners Act of 2016
- H.R. 4978: NAS Healthy Babies Act
- H.R. 3865: Cradle Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Jenkins’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Jenkins missed 18 of 1,325 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: