Grucci was the representative for New York’s 1st congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2001 to 2002.
Grucci is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Grucci sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Grucci was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Grucci sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (17%) Commerce (14%) Emergency Management (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Education (10%) Families (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%)
Some of Grucci’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4839 (107th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide a credit ...
- H.Con.Res. 314 (107th): Recognizing the members of AMVETS for their service to the Nation and ...
- H.Res. 308 (107th): Supporting the goals of a National Motivation and Inspiration Day.
- H.R. 2442 (107th): Combat Merchant Mariners Veterans Benefits Act of 2001
- H.Res. 172 (107th): Honoring John J. Downing, Brian Fahey, and Harry Ford, who lost their ...
- H.R. 1846 (107th): Who Is E-Mailing Our Kids Act
- H.R. 1847 (107th): Hands Off Our Kids Act of 2001
From Jan 2001 to Nov 2002, Grucci missed 22 of 996 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: