Filemon Vela sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Homeland Security
Vela sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (100%)
Some of Vela’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5705: To authorize the Attorney General to deny the transfer of firearms and explosives ...
- H.R. 2786: Cross-Border Rail Security Act of 2015
- H.R. 2307 (113th): Working to Address Treaty Enforcement Rapidly for Texas Act
- H.R. 1863 (113th): To require the Secretary of State to submit a report on water ...
- H.R. 583 (113th): Putting Our Resources Toward Security (PORTS) Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Vela’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5461: Iranian Leadership Asset Transparency Act
Sep 21, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.Con.Res. 55: Directing the President, pursuant to section 5(c) of the War Powers Resolution, to remove United States Armed Forces ...
Jun 17, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 622: State and Local Sales Tax Deduction Fairness Act of 2015
Apr 16, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 636: America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2015
Feb 13, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Vela missed 56 of 2,481 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: