Our unique analysis of the bills Flake sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Flake is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Flake’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 717 (105th): To amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to continue the exemption ...
- H.R. 2123 (104th): Savings Association Insurance Fund Capitalization Act of 1995
- H.R. 1258 (104th): Small Business Capital Access Act of 1995
- H.R. 1181 (104th): Family Investment and Self-Sufficiency Act of 1995
- H.R. 4546 (103rd): Family Investment and Self-Sufficiency Act of 1994
- H.Con.Res. 252 (103rd): Expressing the sense of the Congress that a postage stamp should be ...
- H.R. 4238 (103rd): Liberian Relief, Rehabilitation, and Reconstruction Act of 1994
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Nov 1997, Flake missed 740 of 5,877 roll call votes, which is 12.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1997. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills