Our unique analysis of the bills McCloskey sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McCloskey is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of McCloskey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5103 (103rd): To amend title 31, United States Code, to provide for an Executive ...
- H.R. 5090 (103rd): Temporary Employee Placement Assistance Act
- H.R. 4332 (103rd): To set forth the policy of the United States for nuclear nonproliferation.
- H.R. 4145 (103rd): To require the Attorney General and the Secretary of State to designate ...
- H.R. 3975 (103rd): Department of Defense Overseas Educators Act
- H.Con.Res. 189 (103rd): Expressing the sense of the Congress that every effort should be made ...
- H.R. 3499 (103rd): To amend the Defense Department Overseas Teachers Pay and Personnel Practices Act.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Nov 1994, McCloskey missed 179 of 5,605 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills