Read our 2018 Report Card for Rooney.
Rooney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rooney has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 8, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Francis Rooney sits on the following committees:
Rooney was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.J.Res. 67 (115th): Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to savings arrangements established by qualified State political subdivisions for non-governmental employees.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rooney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Labor and Employment (32%) Education (16%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Immigration (11%) Emergency Management (8%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) International Affairs (8%) Health (5%)
Some of Rooney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4844: To remove the authorized purpose of maintaining water supply for agricultural uses for ...
- H.R. 4572: Government Bailout Prevention Act
- H.R. 4256: Freedom From Union Violence Act of 2019
- H.R. 4098: Higher Education Reform and Opportunity Act of 2019
- H.R. 4090: Do Your Job Act of 2019
- H.R. 4058: SWAP Act
- H.R. 3728: Fight for a Modern Minimum Wage Act
From Jan 2017 to Nov 2019, Rooney missed 265 of 1,821 roll call votes, which is 14.6%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: