Read our 2017 Report Card for Rooney.
Rooney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rooney has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Francis Rooney sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Rooney was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.J.Res. 67: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to savings arrangements established by qualified State political subdivisions for non-governmental employees.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rooney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rooney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6412: To amend the National Labor Relations Act to permit employers to unilaterally cease ...
- H.R. 5665: Accountability for Represented Workers Act
- H.R. 5539: Thomas Jefferson Public Service Act of 2018
- H.R. 5230: Union Transparency and Accountability Act
- H.R. 4850: Asylum Protection Act of 2018
- H.R. 4770: Protecting and Securing Florida’s Coastline Act of 2018
- H.R. 4702: Department of Education Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act
|Rooney’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Con.Res. 119: Expressing the sense of Congress that a carbon tax would be detrimental to the United States economy.
Jul 19, 2018. Passed 229/180.
H.R. 200: Strengthening Fishing Communities and Increasing Flexibility in Fisheries Management Act
Jul 11, 2018. Passed 222/193.
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.R. 2824: Increasing Opportunity through Evidence-Based Home Visiting Act
Sep 26, 2017. Passed 214/209.
H.R. 2824 reauthorizes the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) Program through Fiscal Year 2022. Specifically, this bill renews an expired requirement that grantees of the program demonstrate improvement in specified benchmark areas three years after program implementation (such as reducing child abuse ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Jul 2018, Rooney missed 99 of 1,072 roll call votes, which is 9.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: