Our unique analysis of the bills Canseco sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Canseco is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Canseco sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Canseco’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6368 (112th): Border Security Information Improvement Act of 2012
- H.J.Res. 113 (112th): Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States ...
- H.J.Res. 108 (112th): Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States ...
- H.R. 5028 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on nylon woolpacks used to ...
- H.Res. 480 (112th): Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to prohibit Members, Delegates, ...
- H.R. 3539 (112th): HOPE VI Program Termination Act of 2011
- H.R. 3100 (112th): San Antonio Missions National Historical Park Boundary Expansion Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Canseco’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 4105 (112th): To apply the countervailing duty provisions of the Tariff Act of 1930 to nonmarket economy countries, and ...
Mar 6, 2012. Passed 370/39.
H.R. 2608 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012
Sep 21, 2011. Failed 195/230.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 2560 (112th): Cut, Cap, and Balance Act of 2011
Jul 19, 2011. Passed 234/190.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1363 (112th): Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
Apr 9, 2011. Passed 348/70.
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, Canseco missed 26 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 16 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: