Annunzio is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Annunzio sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 1987 to Oct 9, 1992. See full analysis methodology.
Annunzio was the primary sponsor of 32 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 509 (101st): United States Coast Guard Bicentennial Medal Act
- H.R. 2631 (100th): A bill to authorize appropriations for the United States Mint for fiscal years 1988 and 1989, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2741 (100th): 1988 Olympic Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 3415 (99th): Bicentennial of the Constitution Coins and Medals Act
- H.R. 237 (99th): A bill to amend the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to provide that any attorney who collects debts on behalf of a client shall be subject to ...
- H.R. 2578 (99th): Young Astronaut Program Medal Act
- H.R. 47 (99th): Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Commemorative Coin Act
Does 32 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Annunzio sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Annunzio’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6048 (102nd): Financial Institutions Enforcement Improvements Act
- H.R. 5788 (102nd): Community Reinvestment Act Amendments of 1992
- H.R. 5538 (102nd): Financial Institution Restitution Collection Improvement Act of 1992
- H.R. 3769 (102nd): To impose a ceiling on credit card interest rates.
- H.R. 2884 (102nd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to restore the deduction ...
- H.Con.Res. 151 (102nd): Providing for the printing of the volume entitled “Columbus in the Capitol” ...
- H.R. 552 (102nd): To award a congressional gold medal to the late Captain Don Gentile.
From Jan 1965 to Oct 1992, Annunzio missed 846 of 12,514 roll call votes, which is 6.8%. This is worse than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills