Our unique analysis of the bills Brasco sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brasco is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Brasco sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Brasco’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 15159 (93rd): A bill to authorize assistance for the resettlement of refugees from the ...
- H.R. 14613 (93rd): A bill to amend the Social Security Act to provide for minimum ...
- H.R. 14114 (93rd): A bill to provide for the computation of pay of retired members ...
- H.R. 9280 (93rd): Clean Elections Act
- H.R. 9281 (93rd): A bill to amend title 5, United States Code, with respect to ...
- H.R. 9306 (93rd): A bill for the relief of Claudette Angelia Dwyer.
- H.R. 8741 (93rd): A bill to establish an arbitration board to settle disputes between supervisory ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1967 to Dec 1974, Brasco missed 698 of 2,648 roll call votes, which is 26.4%. This is much worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills