Guarini was a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Guarini’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Guarini’s bills had a total of 1,355 cosponsors in the 102nd Congress.
Use this chart to compare Guarini to other members of the House of Representatives in the 102nd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Guarini’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5731 (102nd): Interstate Taxation Commission Act
- H.R. 5646 (102nd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for the ...
- H.R. 5578 (102nd): Automotive Trade Equity Act of 1992
- H.R. 5240 (102nd): Tax Extension Act of 1992
- H.R. 4717 (102nd): To extend the existing suspension of duty on corned beef in airtight ...
- H.R. 4716 (102nd): To reduce the tariff on certain stone slabs through December 31, 1994.
- H.J.Res. 436 (102nd): Designating June 19, 1992, as “National Baseball Day”.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Oct 1992, Guarini missed 386 of 6,603 roll call votes, which is 5.8%. This is worse than the median of 4.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills