Our unique analysis of the bills Guarini sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Guarini is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Guarini was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.J.Res. 429 (102nd): Designating May 3, 1992 through May 9, 1992, as “Be Kind to Animals and National Pet Week”.
- H.J.Res. 130 (102nd): To designate January 1 as “National Ellis Island Day”.
- H.R. 2985 (100th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 850 Newark Turnpike in Kearny, New Jersey, as the “Dominick V. Daniels Postal ...
- H.R. 2672 (99th): Federal Employees’ Retirement System Act of 1986
- H.J.Res. 407 (98th): A joint resolution designating the week beginning April 8, 1984, as “National Hearing Impaired Awareness Week”.
- H.R. 3813 (98th): A bill to amend the International Coffee Agreement Act of 1980.
- H.R. 3620 (97th): A bill transferring certain Federal property to the City of Hoboken, New Jersey.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Guarini sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (38%) Taxation (28%) International Affairs (8%) Education (6%) Government Operations and Politics (5%) Health (5%) Environmental Protection (5%) Economics and Public Finance (4%)
Some of Guarini’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5731 (102nd): Interstate Taxation Commission Act
- H.R. 5646 (102nd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for the ...
- H.R. 5578 (102nd): Automotive Trade Equity Act of 1992
- H.R. 5240 (102nd): Tax Extension Act of 1992
- H.R. 4717 (102nd): To extend the existing suspension of duty on corned beef in airtight ...
- H.R. 4716 (102nd): To reduce the tariff on certain stone slabs through December 31, 1994.
- H.J.Res. 436 (102nd): Designating June 19, 1992, as “National Baseball Day”.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Oct 1992, Guarini missed 433 of 6,654 roll call votes, which is 6.5%. This is worse than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills