LoBiondo was the representative for New Jersey’s 2nd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1995 to 2018.
Read our 2018 Report Card for LoBiondo.
LoBiondo is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills LoBiondo sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
LoBiondo was the primary sponsor of 10 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 6602 (115th): To reauthorize the New Jersey Coastal Heritage Trail Route, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4285 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 123 Bridgeton Pike in Mullica Hill, New Jersey, as the “James C. ‘Billy’ Johnson Post ...
- H.R. 2564 (115th): To amend title 10, United States Code, to require an annual report on the personnel, training, and equipment needs of the non-federalized National Guard.
- H.R. 944 (114th): To reauthorize the National Estuary Program, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2838 (112th): Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2012
- H.R. 5887 (112th): Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2012
- H.R. 5301 (111th): To extend the period during which the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency and States are prohibited from requiring a permit under section 402 of the Federal ...
Does 10 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
LoBiondo sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of LoBiondo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6602 (115th): To reauthorize the New Jersey Coastal Heritage Trail Route, and for other ...
- H.R. 4897 (115th): Women and Lung Cancer Research and Preventive Services Act of 2018
- H.R. 4285 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.Res. 529 (115th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the J-1 visa ...
- H.R. 2564 (115th): To amend title 10, United States Code, to require an annual report ...
- H.R. 1254 (115th): Veterans Health ID Act
- H.R. 783 (115th): Sports Gaming Opportunity Act of 2017
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2018, LoBiondo missed 40 of 16,048 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: