Read our 2016 Report Card for LoBiondo.
Our unique analysis of the bills LoBiondo has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). LoBiondo is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Frank LoBiondo sits on the following committees:
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Armed Services
LoBiondo was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 944 (114th): To reauthorize the National Estuary Program, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2838 (112th): Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2012
- H.R. 5887 (112th): Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2012
- H.R. 5301 (111th): To extend the period during which the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency and States are prohibited from requiring a permit under section 402 of the Federal ...
- H.R. 2901 (111th): United States Coast Guard Servicemember Benefits Improvements Act
- H.R. 4975 (106th): To designate the post office and courthouse located at 2 Federal Square, Newark, New Jersey, as the “Frank R. Lautenberg Post Office and Courthouse”.
- H.R. 171 (106th): To authorize appropriations for the Coastal Heritage Trail Route in New Jersey, and for other purposes.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
LoBiondo sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (35%) Environmental Protection (20%) Sports and Recreation (15%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Transportation and Public Works (10%)
Some of LoBiondo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 529: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the J-1 visa programs, ...
- H.R. 2564: To amend title 10, United States Code, to require an annual report on ...
- H.R. 1254: Veterans Health ID Act
- H.R. 783: Sports Gaming Opportunity Act of 2017
- H.R. 728: To prohibit the Secretary of the Interior from issuing oil and gas leases ...
- H.Res. 845 (114th): Supporting the designation of the week of September 17 through September 24, ...
- H.R. 4239 (114th): Tracking Foreign Fighters in Terrorist Safe Havens Act
|LoBiondo’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed 249/177.
H.R. 5: Student Success Act
Jul 8, 2015. Passed 218/213.
The Student Success Act is an education reform bill that would shift responsibility for student assessment and school accountability to states by reducing or eliminating federal education oversight, spending, and programs. The bill would create a federal grant for states and school districts called the ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 644: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015
Jun 12, 2015. Passed 240/190.
This bill became the vehicle for the passage of the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015, which includes a variety of requirements on trade protection and general trade policy. It would authorize and fund United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP), an agency ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 3080 (112th): United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Passed 278/151.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
From Jan 1995 to Sep 2017, LoBiondo missed 30 of 15,367 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 10 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: