Read our 2016 Report Card for Lucas.
Our unique analysis of the bills Lucas has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lucas is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Frank Lucas sits on the following committees:
- Vice Chairman, House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Financial Services
Lucas was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2642 (113th): Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2013
- H.R. 3102 (113th): Nutrition Reform and Work Opportunity Act of 2013
- H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
- H.R. 2912 (108th): To reaffirm the inherent sovereign rights of the Osage Tribe to determine its membership and form of government.
- H.R. 4259 (106th): American Buffalo Coin Commemorative Coin Act of 2000
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Lucas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lucas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 353: Weather Research and Forecasting Innovation Act of 2017
- H.R. 2626: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permit Indian tribal governments ...
- H.R. 1601: State Regulatory Representation Clarification Act of 2015
- H.R. 1561: Weather Research and Forecasting Innovation Act of 2016
- H.R. 1029: EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act of 2015
- H.R. 5749 (113th): State Regulatory Representation Clarification Act of 2014
- H.R. 4413 (113th): Customer Protection and End User Relief Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Lucas’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 863 (113th): Commission to Study the Potential Creation of a National Women’s History Museum Act
May 7, 2014. Passed 383/33.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1752 (111th): To provide that the usual day for paying salaries in or under the House of Representatives may ...
Jul 30, 2009. Failed 282/144.
H.R. 137 (110th): Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007
Mar 26, 2007. Passed 368/39.
H.R. 835 (110th): Hawaiian Homeownership Opportunity Act of 2007
Mar 21, 2007. Failed 262/162.
From May 1994 to Jan 2017, Lucas missed 430 of 15,233 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: