Lucas is the representative for Oklahoma’s 3rd congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 7, 2003. Lucas is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
He was previously the representative for Oklahoma’s 6th congressional district as a Republican from 1993 to 2002.
Lucas is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lucas has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 24, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Frank Lucas sits on the following committees:
Lucas was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5374 (116th): Advanced Geothermal Research and Development Act of 2019
- H.R. 353 (115th): Weather Research and Forecasting Innovation Act of 2017
- H.R. 2642 (113th): Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2013
- H.R. 1930 (109th): To amend the Agricultural Credit Act of 1987 to reauthorize State mediation programs.
- H.R. 2912 (108th): To reaffirm the inherent sovereign rights of the Osage Tribe to determine its membership and form of government.
- H.R. 4259 (106th): American Buffalo Coin Commemorative Coin Act of 2000
- H.R. 1609 (106th): To amend Public Law 105-188 to provide for the mineral leasing of certain Indian lands in Oklahoma.
Does 8 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lucas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Lucas recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7411: Ostracize China Act of 2022
- H.R. 6845: Commercial Remote Sensing Amendment Act of 2022
- H.R. 5753: HARMON Oklahoma Act
- H.R. 3413: Agricultural Security Risk Review Act
- H.Res. 345: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the International Olympic Committee …
- H.R. 2153: Securing American Leadership in Science and Technology Act of 2021
- H.R. 1837: QUEST Act of 2021
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From May 1994 to May 2022, Lucas missed 502 of 18,019 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: