Read our 2019 Report Card for Lucas.
Lucas is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lucas has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Mar 31, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Frank Lucas sits on the following committees:
Lucas was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 353: Weather Research and Forecasting Innovation Act of 2017
- H.R. 2642 (113th): Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2013
- H.R. 1930 (109th): To amend the Agricultural Credit Act of 1987 to reauthorize State mediation programs.
- H.R. 2912 (108th): To reaffirm the inherent sovereign rights of the Osage Tribe to determine its membership and form of government.
- H.R. 4259 (106th): American Buffalo Coin Commemorative Coin Act of 2000
- H.R. 1609 (106th): To amend Public Law 105-188 to provide for the mineral leasing of certain Indian lands in Oklahoma.
- H.R. 1849 (105th): Oklahoma City National Memorial Act of 1997
Does 7 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lucas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lucas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5685: Securing American Leadership in Science and Technology Act of 2020
- H.R. 5374: Advanced Geothermal Research and Development Act of 2019
- H.R. 4979: Rural STEM Education Act
- H.R. 3915: ARPA-E Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2019
- H.R. 5906: ARPA-E Act of 2018
- H.R. 4753: Federal Reserve Supervision Testimony Clarification Act
- H.R. 3915: State Regulatory Representation Clarification Act of 2017
From May 1994 to Mar 2020, Lucas missed 484 of 17,187 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: