Read our 2016 Report Card for Pallone.
Our unique analysis of the bills Pallone has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Pallone is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Frank Pallone Jr. sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on Energy and Commerce
Pallone was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 6400 (114th): To revise the boundaries of certain John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System units in New Jersey.
- H.R. 1321 (114th): Microbead-Free Waters Act of 2015
- H.R. 669 (113th): Sudden Unexpected Death Data Enhancement and Awareness Act
- H.R. 5470 (111th): To exclude an external power supply for certain security or life safety alarms and surveillance system components from the application of certain energy efficiency standards under the ...
- H.R. 3792 (111th): Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009
- H.R. 2 (111th): Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009
- H.R. 6432 (110th): Animal Drug User Fee Amendments of 2008
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Pallone sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (31%) Environmental Protection (25%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Taxation (8%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Energy (8%) Sports and Recreation (6%) Finance and Financial Sector (4%)
Some of Pallone’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3788: To amend the Energy Policy and Conservation Act to provide for a Northeast ...
- H.R. 3704: Native Health Access Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 3347: Viewer Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 2755: Beach Act of 2017
- H.R. 2479: Leading Infrastructure for Tomorrow’s America Act
- H.R. 2272: COAST Anti-Drilling Act
- H.R. 2248: To prohibit the Secretary of the Interior from revising the approved oil and ...
|Pallone’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed 364/58.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1989 to Sep 2017, Pallone missed 315 of 18,325 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 4 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congress-Legislators, a community project collecting election information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO Member Guide for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills