Our unique analysis of the bills Riggs sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Riggs is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Riggs’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 599 (105th): Expressing the sense of the House on a question relating to the ...
- H.R. 4271 (105th): Community Services Authorization Act of 1998
- H.R. 4241 (105th): Head Start Amendments of 1998
- H.R. 4099 (105th): Older Americans Amendments of 1998
- H.Res. 474 (105th): Expressing the Boy Scouts of America freedom of association.
- H.R. 3973 (105th): Trinity River Basin Fish and Wildlife Restoration Reauthorization Act of 1998
- H.R. 3924 (105th): To authorize conveyance of 2 decommissioned Coast Guard vessels to Canvasback Mission, ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Dec 1998, Riggs missed 314 of 3,459 roll call votes, which is 9.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills