Keller is the representative for Pennsylvania’s 12th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jun 3, 2019. Keller is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Keller.
Keller is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Keller has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 11, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Fred Keller sits on the following committees:
Keller was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 4279 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 445 Main Street in Laceyville, Pennsylvania, as the “Melinda Gene Piccotti Post Office”.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Keller sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Keller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3710: To direct the Archivist of the United States to address certain record request ...
- H.R. 3598: To expand the Protecting Europe’s Energy Security Act of 2019 and require the ...
- H.R. 3151: To amend title 18, United States Code, to require the impaneling of a ...
- H.R. 2658: SHOTS Act of 2021
- H.Res. 314: Commending the men and women of U.S. Customs and Border Protection for their ...
- H.R. 2409: U.S.-Israel Cooperation Expansion Act
- H.R. 1749: RURAL HELP Act of 2021
From Jun 2019 to May 2021, Keller missed 21 of 877 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: