Our unique analysis of the bills Thompson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Thompson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Thompson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3067 (107th): Government Information Security Reform Act
- S. 2925 (107th): A bill to provide that certain ceiling fans enter duty-free and without ...
- S. 2682 (107th): A bill to provide for reliquidation and payment of antidumping duties on ...
- S. 2530 (107th): A bill to amend the Inspector General Act of 1978 (5 U.S.C. ...
- S. 1811 (107th): Presidential Appointments Improvement Act of 2002
- S. 1780 (107th): Federal Emergency Procurement Flexibility Act of 2001
- S. 1736 (107th): A bill to provide for the reclassification of certain counties for purposes ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Nov 2002, Thompson missed 33 of 2,836 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: