Read our 2016 Report Card for Wilson.
Our unique analysis of the bills Wilson has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wilson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Frederica Wilson sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Wilson was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3833 (114th): To require a regional strategy to address the threat posed by Boko Haram.
- H.R. 1092 (114th): To designate the Federal building located at 2030 Southwest 145th Avenue in Miramar, Florida, as the “Benjamin P. Grogan and Jerry L. Dove Federal Building”.
- H.R. 4030 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 18640 NW 2nd Avenue in Miami, Florida, as the “Father Richard Marquess-Barry Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Wilson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (29%) International Affairs (18%) Labor and Employment (18%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (5%) Taxation (5%) Finance and Financial Sector (5%)
Some of Wilson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1194: Commission on the Social Status of Black Men and Boys Act
- H.R. 5930 (114th): Commission on the Social Status of Black Men and Boys Act
- H.R. 5535 (114th): Family Leave for Parental Involvement in Education Act
- H.Res. 599 (114th): Recognizing January 2016 as “National Mentoring Month”, and for other purposes.
- H.Res. 570 (114th): Recognizing 2016 as the year of the 100th anniversary of the National ...
- H.R. 4020 (114th): Next Generation High Schools Act
- H.R. 4021 (114th): Enhancing Education Through Technology Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Wilson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 4923 (113th): Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2015
Jul 10, 2014. Passed 253/170.
H.R. 6156 (112th): Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012
Nov 16, 2012. Passed 365/43.
The Magnitsky Act, formally known as the Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012, is a bipartisan bill passed by the U.S. Congress and President Obama in November–December 2012, intending to punish Russian officials responsible for the ...
H.R. 3630 (112th): Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012
Feb 17, 2012. Passed 293/132.
H.R. 2218 (112th): Empowering Parents through Quality Charter Schools Act
Sep 13, 2011. Passed 365/54.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2017, Wilson missed 291 of 4,358 roll call votes, which is 6.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 5 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: