Read our 2017 Report Card for Wilson.
Wilson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wilson has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Frederica Wilson sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Wilson was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3833 (114th): To require a regional strategy to address the threat posed by Boko Haram.
- H.R. 1092 (114th): To designate the Federal building located at 2030 Southwest 145th Avenue in Miramar, Florida, as the “Benjamin P. Grogan and Jerry L. Dove Federal Building”.
- H.R. 4030 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 18640 NW 2nd Avenue in Miami, Florida, as the “Father Richard Marquess-Barry Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wilson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (29%) Labor and Employment (21%) International Affairs (19%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Government Operations and Politics (6%) Taxation (6%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (4%) Health (4%)
Some of Wilson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6298: High School Voter Empowerment Act of 2018
- H.Res. 978: Honoring the life of Trayvon Martin, urging the repeal of Stand Your Ground ...
- H.Con.Res. 127: Condemning gun violence and its impact on youth by supporting the enactment of ...
- H.R. 6297: Assault Weapons Ban and Regulatory Reform Act of 2018
- H.R. 5987: Liberty City Rising Act
- H.Res. 896: Condemning Boko Haram and calling on the Governments of the United States of ...
- H.R. 5832: Disaster Preparedness for Power Outages Act of 2018
|Wilson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2083: Endangered Salmon and Fisheries Predation Prevention Act
Jun 26, 2018. Passed 288/116.
H.R. 3312: Systemic Risk Designation Improvement Act of 2017
Dec 19, 2017. Passed 288/130.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 685: Mortgage Choice Act of 2015
Apr 14, 2015. Passed 286/140.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 6156 (112th): Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012
Nov 16, 2012. Passed 365/43.
The Magnitsky Act, formally known as the Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012, is a bipartisan bill passed by the U.S. Congress and President Obama in November–December 2012, intending to punish Russian officials responsible for the ...
H.R. 3630 (112th): Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012
Feb 17, 2012. Passed 293/132.
H.R. 2218 (112th): Empowering Parents through Quality Charter Schools Act
Sep 13, 2011. Passed 365/54.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2018, Wilson missed 439 of 5,244 roll call votes, which is 8.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: