Our unique analysis of the bills Rooney sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1978. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Rooney is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Rooney sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (34%) Government Operations and Politics (22%) Sports and Recreation (11%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) Commerce (7%) Labor and Employment (7%) Environmental Protection (7%) Taxation (6%)
Some of Rooney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 1170 (95th): A resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States ...
- H.Res. 1433 (95th): A resolution to provide that the bill H.R. 10898 to amend the ...
- H.R. 14089 (95th): Interstate Horseracing Act
- H.Con.Res. 710 (95th): A resolution expressing the support of the Congress for a comprehensive review ...
- H.R. 13503 (95th): A bill to suspend the duty on gondolas, covered hoppers, and box ...
- H.R. 12577 (95th): Federal Railroad Safety Authorization Act
- H.R. 12207 (95th): A bill to amend the Trade Act of 1974.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Aug 1963 to Oct 1978, Rooney missed 408 of 6,034 roll call votes, which is 6.8%. This is better than the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills