Read our 2016 Report Card for Hill.
Our unique analysis of the bills Hill sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the .
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the in . The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hill is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
French Hill sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Hill was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2928: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 201 B Street in Perryville, Arkansas, as the “Harold George Bennett Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Hill sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (100%)
Some of Hill’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 531: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make an exception to ...
- H.R. 5644: Shift Back to Society Act of 2016
- H.Res. 795: Recognizing the 70th Anniversary of the Fulbright Program.
- H.R. 5505: GSE Review and Reform Act of 2016
- H.R. 5409: Social Security Disability Insurance Return to Work Act
- H.R. 5019: Fair Access to Investment Research Act of 2016
- H.R. 4831: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make an exception to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Hill’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 985: Concrete Masonry Products Research, Education, and Promotion Act of 2015
Nov 14, 2016. Passed 355/38.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act ("H.R. 2048". , Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection ...
From Jan 2015 to Jan 2017, Hill missed 9 of 1,384 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: