Hill is the representative for Arkansas’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 6, 2015. Hill is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Hill.
Hill is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hill has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 14, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
French Hill sits on the following committees:
Hill was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3317 (116th): To permit the Scipio A. Jones Post Office in Little Rock, Arkansas, to accept and display a portrait of Scipio A. Jones, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2249 (116th): World War I Valor Medals Review Act
- H.R. 5636 (115th): Flatside Wilderness Enhancement Act
- H.R. 2611 (115th): Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site Boundary Modification Act
- H.R. 910 (115th): Fair Access to Investment Research Act of 2017
- H.R. 2928 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 201 B Street in Perryville, Arkansas, as the “Harold George Bennett Post Office”.
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hill sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hill’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3146: SAVE Act of 2021
- H.R. 2582: To amend the definition of eligible entity in the second draw loan program ...
- H.R. 2091: To redesignate the Tyler Bend Visitor Center located on Tyler Bend Road in ...
- H.R. 1568: Special Drawing Rights Oversight Act of 2021
- H.R. 1345: Enhancing Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century Act
- H.Res. 117: Supporting Coptic Christians in Egypt.
- H.Res. 39: Honoring the bravery and self-sacrifice by officers of the United States Capitol Police ...
From Jan 2015 to May 2021, Hill missed 32 of 3,633 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: