Read our 2018 Report Card for Hill.
Hill is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hill has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
French Hill sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship, and Capital Markets
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security, International Development, and Monetary Policy
Hill was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5636 (115th): Flatside Wilderness Enhancement Act
- H.R. 2611: Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site Boundary Modification Act
- H.R. 910: Fair Access to Investment Research Act of 2017
- H.R. 2928 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 201 B Street in Perryville, Arkansas, as the “Harold George Bennett Post Office”.
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hill sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hill’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4762: To amend the Securities Act of 1933 to codify certain qualifications of individuals ...
- H.R. 4252: Shift Back to Society Act of 2019
- H.R. 4231: Credit Access and Inclusion Act of 2019
- H.R. 3566: Social Security Disability Insurance Return to Work Act
- H.R. 3317: To permit the Scipio A. Jones Post Office in Little Rock, Arkansas, to ...
- H.R. 2249: World War I Valor Medals Review Act
- H.R. 2033: To release to the State of Arkansas a reversionary interest in Camp Joseph ...
From Jan 2015 to Oct 2019, Hill missed 26 of 3,105 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: