Hill is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hill has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Aug 9, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
French Hill sits on the following committees:
Hill was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3317 (116th): To permit the Scipio A. Jones Post Office in Little Rock, Arkansas, to accept and display a portrait of Scipio A. Jones, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5932 (116th): Ensuring Chinese Debt Transparency Act of 2020
- H.R. 2249 (116th): World War I Valor Medals Review Act
- H.R. 5636 (115th): Flatside Wilderness Enhancement Act
- H.R. 2611 (115th): Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site Boundary Modification Act
- H.R. 910 (115th): Fair Access to Investment Research Act of 2017
- H.R. 2928 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 201 B Street in Perryville, Arkansas, as the “Harold George Bennett Post Office”.
Does 7 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hill sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Hill recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8589: To prohibit the Securities and Exchange Commission from finalizing the proposed rule titled …
- H.R. 8036: National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act of 2022
- H.R. 7799: Public Servant Protection Act of 2022
- H.R. 7704: Taiwan Conflict Deterrence Act of 2022
- H.R. 7681: Preventing Overdoses and Saving Lives Act 2.0
- H.R. 7327: Protecting Rural Renters Act of 2022
- H.Res. 1013: Recognizing and celebrating the 200th anniversary of the birth of Frederick Law Olmsted.
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2015 to Aug 2022, Hill missed 41 of 4,358 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: