Our unique analysis of the bills Barr has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Barr is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Barr for more statistics.
Garland “Andy” Barr sits on the following committees:
Barr sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Barr’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5789: Camp Nelson Heritage Park Study Act
- H.R. 5276: No Bailouts for State, Territory, and Local Governments Act
- H.R. 4166: Expanding Proven Financing for American Employers Act
- H.R. 3671: Race Horse Cost Recovery Act of 2015
- H.R. 3672: Equine Tax Parity Act
- H.R. 3084: Thoroughbred Horseracing Integrity Act of 2015
- H.R. 2603: Saving Lives, Saving Costs Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Barr missed 14 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: