Shriver was the representative for Kansas’s 4th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1961 to 1976.
Shriver is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1976 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Shriver sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Shriver sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Shriver’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 15670 (94th): A bill to amend section 2 of the act of August 22, ...
- H.R. 15554 (94th): A bill to amend section 2 of the act of August 22, ...
- H.R. 14865 (94th): A bill for the relief of Raymond C. Owens.
- H.R. 14628 (94th): Minority Business Development and Assistance Act
- H.R. 13924 (94th): Commission on Human Resources Programs Act
- H.R. 13925 (94th): A bill to amend title 39 of the United States Code to ...
- H.R. 13294 (94th): A bill to provide for the striking of medals commemorating the American ...
From Jan 1961 to Oct 1976, Shriver missed 305 of 4,786 roll call votes, which is 6.4%. This is better than the median of 8.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1976. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills