Rep. Gary Condit
Former Representative from California’s 18th District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||California's 18th District|
|Representative||California's 15th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Condit sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Condit is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Condit’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3362 (107th): Transported Air Pollution Mitigation Act of 2001
- H.Res. 165 (107th): Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 1468) to stabilize the ...
- H.R. 943 (107th): Flu Vaccine Availability Act of 2001
- H.R. 823 (107th): State Criminal Alien Assistance Program II and Local Medical Emergency Reimbursement Act
- H.R. 53 (107th): Karen Matthews Act of 2001
- H.R. 51 (107th): To amend title 10, United States Code, to provide that persons retiring ...
- H.R. 52 (107th): To amend the Clean Air Act to permit the exclusive application of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 1989 to Nov 2002, Condit missed 243 of 7,471 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills