Rep. Gary Franks
Former Representative from Connecticut’s 5th District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||Connecticut's 5th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Franks sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Franks is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Franks’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 202 (104th): Expressing the sense of the Congress that United States companies should acquire ...
- H.R. 3214 (104th): To amend the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 ...
- H.R. 3190 (104th): To prohibit Federal agencies to require or encourage preferences based on race, ...
- H.R. 3092 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to encourage State unemployment ...
- H.R. 3093 (104th): To amend the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act of 1980 ...
- H.R. 2432 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require State unemployment ...
- H.R. 2430 (104th): To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require that ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Sep 1996, Franks missed 39 of 3,394 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills