Read our 2014 Report Card for Miller.
Our unique analysis of the bills Miller sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Miller is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Miller was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2072 (112th): Export-Import Bank Reauthorization Act of 2012
- H.R. 5125 (107th): Civil War Battlefield Preservation Act of 2002
- H.R. 3189 (106th): To designate the United States post office located at 14071 Peyton Drive in Chino Hills, California, as the “Joseph Ileto Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Miller sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Miller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5310 (113th): Protecting Independence in the Education of Loan Originators Act of 2014
- H.R. 4510 (113th): Insurance Capital Standards Clarification Act of 2014
- H.R. 4208 (113th): Stabilizing FHA Loan Limit Calculations Act of 2014
- H.R. 2572 (113th): Regulatory Relief for Credit Unions Act of 2013
- H.R. 2211 (113th): Accuracy in Reporting Medical Debt Act of 2013
- H.R. 2140 (113th): Insurance Capital and Accounting Standards Act of 2013
- H.R. 1296 (113th): Flood Control Facility Maintenance Clarification Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Miller’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 2642 (113th): Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2013
Jan 29, 2014. Passed 251/166.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
From Jan 1999 to Dec 2014, Miller missed 1,118 of 10,976 roll call votes, which is 10.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: