Read our 2017 Report Card for Palmer.
Palmer is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Palmer has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Gary Palmer sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Palmer was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 4646: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1900 Corporate Drive in Birmingham, Alabama, as the “Lance Corporal Thomas E. Rivers, Jr. Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Palmer sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Palmer’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6777: To amend chapter 3 of title 5, United States Code, to require the ...
- H.R. 6704: To permanently rescind unobligated amounts in the United States Enrichment Corporation Fund.
- H.R. 6703: Retirement Freedom Act
- H.R. 5300: Federal Information Systems Safeguards Act of 2018
- H.R. 4646: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1900 ...
- H.R. 3966: Puerto Rico Humanitarian Relief Act
- H.R. 2660: APPEAL Act
|Palmer’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
S. 612: A bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 1300 Victoria Street in Laredo, Texas, as the “George P. Kazen Federal Building ...
Dec 8, 2016. Passed 360/61.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2018, Palmer missed 21 of 2,434 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: